Skip to main content

First Chapter: How we met and why we tied the knot?


It’s been a while since my last blogpost. I think my mind rest somewhere or i did not find something interesting enough to be written or maybe i let all those thoughts disappear with time. 

Today is the last day in 2016 and I am on my way back to Jakarta from Yogyakarta with Nauval, who vowed to be my life partner a week ago.

As a good friend of us had written our story, i feel flattered actually.. I think one story will not hurt anyone. :D

So we met in April 2015, if I’m not mistaken, I don’t remember the date. But I do remember the place, and who were involved there. What had happened between May 2015 and December 2016 are only important for us hahaha. 

Probably what is important to be shared is why and how I made the decision to marry a person next to me.

HOW?

I had met Nauval on March 2015 with Agung and Cinta. There was no follow up after the first meeting and I was very OK with that. Life was normal. Meanwhile, my Mom and her relations were eager to introduce me to some men. So they set up some meetings, et cetera. So my days went between photos of men and arguments to meet those strangers. 

Last week of April 2015, I visited Mecca and Medina for Umrah. That was my second visit there. During that time, I have been in an emotional quest to know life better. I was fed up with all the questions to marry someone, of me being picky, of all the unnecessary attention to my love life. I was very arrogant and told my teacher that “Umrah will not get me a husband!”. I was ONLY relying on my efforts, I'd say now, I was too proud of myself.

The constant questions for late-20s women sometimes pissed me off. I was thinking to study abroad to upgrade my skill. But my mom kept saying “Yes, you can. But go with your husband”. How could I possibly do that?! 
I know my stubborn behaviour had consumed my parents energy and I wanted nothing but their peace of mind. Whatever God’s will, I’ll try my best to learn and work on it. At that point, I just submit to God’s will, to help me choose between continuing study or building a family.

"Whoever or whatever came that is under Your will, please make it at ease. I am tired with my own emotional turbulence. I just wanted to find peace." 
I kept thinking and humming about that wish.

I came back from Mecca and there was a second invitation to meet up in a group at Agung’s house, and there was Nauval as well. After the second meeting, we were more relax and open. I was very talkative while Nauval was always be in observing mode. Then, more meetings and whatsapp group chats with him. Then, private chats discussing caliphs, history, world trend, technology, badminton, and other serious stuffs.

WHY?

My complexity of mind probably compatible with his. 
Our spiritual view are aligned. 
We walk in the same pace. 
Our weirdness meet at some points.
He stays calm amidst my impulsive behaviour.
I feel that we can grow together.

So we decided to meet the family, then got married.
The process were smooth and often without me noticing.

This was the first time ever I involved my Dad to help me decided about my spouse. And it was Dad who helped me decide and supported my choice. 

I think, as long as our intention is pure, the universe will conspire to help us. 

To submit is a hard work, up until now. But I think, it is the ultimate recipe for life and I am grateful that there were chances for us to learn about the human vulnerability.

__________________________________________

To Nauval,

How lucky we are to deal with difficulties in finding one another, which in turn enable us to learn about life
If it is not by God’s will, I don’t think we will ever meet
I don’t think our two buddies would come up with the idea to introduce us to each other
I don’t think the story would be written, if it is not God who moves our heart, our thoughts, our chances

In the meantime, 
How vulnerable we are in the season of time 
between tears and laughters
between ache and healing
between desperation and hope

I am humbled by the chances that God has created for us

Let our love for God be the soil of our seeds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Udar Rasa

Ada sebuah kolom di koran Kompas bernama Udar Rasa. Minggu ini teman saya, ika , mencuplik kalimat dari sana, dan saya penasaran. Minggu ini ditulis oleh Bre Redana. Berikut paragraf dari kolom tersebut yang saya suka: "Belajarlah pada alam. Sebagaimana sungai-sungai makin dangkal karena morat maritnya hutan-hutan dan gunung-gunung, hidup kita juga semakin dangkal. Seiring proses pendangkalan, masyarakat bertransformasi dari pengertian komunitas menjadi penggembira, pemandu sorak.  Begitu pun individu. Identitas individu sebagai entitas darah, daging, akal-budi, spirit, roh, bertransformasi menjadi identitas digital. Dalam identitas digital individu bisa menyaru sebagai lelaki, perempuan, kelompok, benda, pokoknya apa saja. Ini mengingatkan pada raksasa-raksasi dalam pewayangan, yang sanggup muncul dan menghilang, berubah-ubah bentuk menjadi apa saja. Gema suara mereka tak terukur.  Seperti sungai dangkal berbuih-buih, pemandu sorak dalam identitas digital ini memang

Kembali ke Kelas Inspirasi

  Apa yang pertama terlintas ketika mendengar Indonesia Mengajar? Anak SD, pendidikan, masyarakat yang mengajar. Begitu pula yang saya pikirkan ketika itu, berbagai orang bersedia mengajar untuk meningkatkan kondisi pendidikan di Indonesia.   Desember 2011 itu, kami sepakat untuk merangkul para ‘kelas menengah’ di kota besar untuk ikut andil dalam pembangunan pendidikan. Salut untuk ide Safira Ganis, Ika, dan teman-teman pengajar muda yang baru kembali dari tempat penugasan. Keceriaan itu disebut, Professional Volunteer Program (PVP). Untuk menyederhanakan narasi “membangun gerakan pendidikan masyarakat”, kita mengusung ide kegiatan relawan untuk menjadi gaya hidup “Loe gak keren kalau belum jadi relawan.”   Hasil pertemuan itu melahirkan  Kelas Inspirasi  sebagai wahana/alat/kendaraannya. Idenya sederhana, para kelas menengah pekerja ditantang untuk cuti sehari, berorganisasi dalam kelompok, mempersiapkan materi pengajaran sendiri, lalu mengajar tentang profesi

Idola Cilik, sudahkah adil?

Sore ini selepas pergi bersama teman untuk menonton pertandingan tenis, saya menemukan para penghuni kos sedang berkumpul di ruang tengah untuk menyaksikan idola cilik. Saya merasa kangen nonton acara ini, karena dulu saat belum masuk babak 14 besar,saya sering sekali menonton acara ini.  Sebuah ajang bagus untuk pengembangan minat dan bakat anak-anak, sekaligus memberikan inspirasi bagi ribuan pemirsa kecil lainnya yang terlalu bingung dijejali sinetron-monolog-yang-mengumbar-gambar-orang-melotot. Lucu dan menyenangkan sekali pada awalnya, hingga pada sore ini pandangan saya terusik pada sistem eliminasi idola cilik. Menit demi menit saya mencoba menikmati rangkaian babak hasil "result show", tapi yang berputar di kepala saya hanya "kenapa begini? kenapa begitu?" Berdasarkan informasi yang saya kumpulkan dari teman-teman kos yang mendukung Cakka dan Obiet, serta satu orang yang mendukung Irsyad. Saya coba buatkan rangkaiannya. Para kontestan cilik diberi kesempatan